Volunteering with the Foundation is a great opportunity for you to make a positive impact in your community, be part of a team, share your experience, learn new skills and develop lasting friendships. Volunteers are critical to our accomplishments and we wouldn’t be able to support, inform and empower those touched by life threatening illnesses without you.
When you join our nationwide team, you have the combined strength of volunteers from across the country standing behind you to help you make a difference in someone’s life.
We encourage the public to get involved with the Foundation whenever possible. There are a variety of simple and fun volunteer opportunities available. Some of these include:
- Help with Fundraising
- If you’re looking for a one-time or short-term role, we invite you to volunteer for a few hours at one of the Foundation’s fundraising events or campaigns. Community events involve a number of hands-on tasks such as setting up supplies for the event, welcoming participants and guests, processing donations, working in the food area, helping with on-site activities, promoting Shine Through The Rain messages and cleaning up after a great event just to name a few! Read more: http://www.shinethroughtherain.ca/get-involved/events/
- Organizing a group to pack toys
- Helping to stock shelves with donations
- Counting inventory
- Become an advocate for healthy lifestyles and the prevention of life threatening illness
- Volunteer at the Foundation office
Our office is the heart of planning and implementing fundraising activities, delivering services, and educating the public about life threatening illness and prevention. Office volunteers play a vital role in our day to day support. Volunteers often work on a regular basis and provide assistance with data entry, filing, photocopying and other clerical duties. Additional tasks may include greeting the public, answering phones, providing information and pitching in with events and projects.
Use your experience to help others
Maybe you have a specialized skill set that you want to share. We are always looking for volunteers who are computer and internet savvy.
Fill out our Volunteer Application!
We encourage individuals, groups, civic organizations and businesses to contact us on ways you can help. Please contact email@example.com to learn more.
Join us and together we can Create Smiles, Inspire Hope and help these children rediscover their childhood!